Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Family Time and Frozen Yogurt

Normally by now we are very weary of summer. We're waving our white flags of surrender to it's relentless heat, beating sun and sauna-like air, but this year we continue to enjoy temperatures under 100 and it makes all the difference. We can sit or take a walk outside in the evenings, which has prompted us to do more than just swim or sit inside the house. It reminds me of summers up North and I love it!

We discovered an awesome little yogurt shop about 5 minutes away and it made the perfect summer night outing.
 It's a self serve yogurt bar where you have the choice to fill your bowl with your flavor of choice and the amount you want, along with toppings and it's weighed at the end. I chose fat-free vanilla, strawberries, raspberries and mini chocolate chips. It was divine! 
 It was pretty inexpensive for all of us (although the kids and I didn't get much) and the best part was that we could sit outside on a gorgeous summer night and eat it without sweating our heads off.



After we were done, we just sat outside and let the kids run on the sidewalk while we talked and watched people come and go. It was such a fun evening and we'll defiantly be back there before school starts.

This is a family picture, because my reflection is in it too. :)



 I'm teaching Brookie how to hold my camera, focus and push the button. The strap is safely around her neck so if she dropped it it wouldn't break. She loves taking pictures and I look forward to having a little assistant someday!
 That being said, she took this picture. Pretty good for a 5 year old, wouldn't you say?

We all leave in less  than a week, but I'm hoping to get a few more photo-a-day post's in before then.
 Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Cute! Looks so much fun. I cannot wait to see y9u in 5 days!!! Love youz

Jamie Parfitt said...

I know it was a typo, but it was funny that you said you would "defiantly" be back before school. What are you defying? Probably the heat! Or boredom at home. :-) You "definitely" are a good blogger! :-)

Mrs. P

Popular Posts