Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4 Months

I'm not sure when or how it happened, but my baby is 4 months old now. Time obviously waits for no one.
  He's our happy, content, sweet baby. I should have known that when we chose to have a junior, who is also the third born like his daddy, their personalities would mirror each other.  

He weighs 15 pounds, 15 ounces (!). He's not too rolly polly (although there are rolls :), but he's very stocky and heavy for his age. He's starting to fit quite well into 6 months clothes, which makes me just a little sad.
He's doing consistent 4-5 hour stretches at night, but he's given me a few 7-8 hour stretches here and there. This is something I'm not used to since my other two babies slept through the night at 6 and 7 weeks. I'm not complaining, though. He eats and goes right back to sleep, and so do I. Most of the time we both fall asleep while I'm feeding him in bed. A few extra hours of cuddle time with my little guy doesn't bother me one bit!
Brooklynne absolutely adores her baby brother. She'll sing to him and entertain him for as long as I need and loves every minute of it. She is always kissing him, talking sweetly to him and hugging him tightly. It makes my heart so happy!
Nathan has recently started grabbing his toes, and he's been reaching up and grabbing hanging toys for a few weeks now. I love watching the new things that babies learn and experience every day, but a part of me gets sentimental and sad watching them grow up so fast.
I am so grateful that #3 has been such a breeze, possibly even my easiest baby yet! He'll play happily in his bouncer for a long time as long as he's not hungry or tired. He's getting to enjoy his daily tummy time a little more now and lasts longer without crying in frustration. 
Besides all of his wonderful qualities, he's just so darn cute!

3 comments:

Mary said...

He is so cute! I am so excited to see him in 20 something days :)

Deb said...

He is adorable! Can't wait to meet him!

Jolene said...

Oh, yes, he IS cute! Great pictures of your sweet little boy!

Popular Posts