Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Answered Prayer and The Beverly Hillbillies

Yesterday we started the long journey home after a wonderful month of vacation, and I was very nervous about how it would go. Morning sickness is still going strong and since Joe is under 2, he's still a lap child. The thought of him climbing all over me while I felt like I was going to barf wasn't really the best thought. I've also been getting very motion sick from the morning sickness, so everything combined was scaring me. I prayed and asked my friends to pray and what a surprise--the Lord answered our prayers! He worked it out so that we had 3 seats on each flight so that Joe could sit by himself and we had room to spread out. The kids were SO good--hilarious, really and made me laugh the entire time. We landed a half hour early and Nate wasn't there yet, so I got me, 2 kids, a double stroller and 5 suitcases outside by myself to wait for him. We were quite a sight! (Think Jed Clampett and family ;)
When I walked outside--or rather stumbled with all our stuff-- I thought I must have been crazy to leave that gorgeous East Coast weather for this, but when I saw my handsome husband drive up I remembered the reason that I came back home. ;) We are all happily reunited and glad to be home--and counting down the days until our next visit!

The kids and I before our last flight took off--Joe Joe was really happier than he looks ;)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Awwww... I miss you so much already....JOJO looks soooooo adorable in that pic!!!! I miss him and Brooke SO much
Love ya
Julis~

anna said...

I love that pic! It's so cute. I love joe joe's face too

Deb said...

LOVE that pic!! PTL you made it home safe! Its SO quiet around here, but I'm sure your happy to be home! Won't be long till were their though! CANT WAIT =)

Popular Posts