Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby #3, Month 1!

I can't believe I am starting pregnancy post's again. It seems like such a short time ago that I was posting about "baby #2", but it couldn't have been because that little man is now 21 months old!

 This post will be long and without pictures since they are all on my computer at home. If you are interested in the details, read on and if not you are more than welcome to skip this post. ;)

 On June 22nd, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative pretty quickly. I set it on the counter and forgot about it. About 10-15 minutes later I went back to clean the bathroom, saw it sitting there, picked it up and saw a second faint pink line. In my experience you don't get a second faint pink line unless it's truly positive. It was early so I wasn't 100% sure.
 But I was sure.
 It was weird.

 Anyway, Nate wasn't home so I ran out and burst out to Brookie, "MOMMY IS HAVING A BABY!" I had my phone there to video the whole thing. She smiled and asked, "is it a girl?" (She's been praying for a baby sister).

 We planned on how we would tell daddy and this is how it went:

 When Nate came home, Brookie told him that she made him something in the oven. The oven was off. He opened it and inside was a bun on a silver platter. He was like, "ohh...wow", not really getting it.
I said, "Brookie, tell him what it is!"
 Brookie said, "it's a bun in the oven"
Nate, "A bun in the oven?"
 Me, "A Bun in Mommy's oven, right Brookie?"
 A look of understanding came over Nate's face as he looked at me with a huge smile. "Are you honest?" He said as he walked towards me and gave me a huge hug. I was, of course, squealing and saying, "can you believe it?!"
The next morning I took another test and got a second pink line about 10-15 minutes later. The morning after that, I bit the bullet, went to Target and bought a digital test. I had to know 100% for sure. I bought it and went right into the bathroom at Target to take the test. I normally don't take more than one, but because I was only 3 weeks along and the lines were so faint I had to be sure. I waited while the little hourglass on the screen turned for what seemed like forever and then the word popped up, "PREGNANT."
 I had never taken a digital test before and it was so exciting to see that word!

 To my surprise, Brookie was able to keep it a secret for a whole entire week until we came home because I wanted to tell my family in person. Brookie handed them a little gift bag and my Mom was the one who opened it to find tiny mittens with "March, 2012" written on the package. She knew right away and everyone caught on quickly and we were all so excited! Everyone then kept it a secret for 4 more days (no small feat in my huge family) until we had a chance to call Nate's parents, who were thrilled as well. I had a few more friends I needed to tell first and then almost 2 weeks after I found out it was made "public".

 One funny thing that happened was that Brookie told me that her friend Trenton knew I was having a baby. I asked her how he knows and she said, "he just does, I didn't tell him!" When I questioned her further she confessed that she had told him, "My Mom's getting big". LOL! She knows that my belly will get bigger and I guess that was her way of  telling without really telling. Of course he had no clue by what she had said. I am very proud of her for keeping it a secret even though she was SO excited!

 I've had a rough few days morning sickness-wise, but yesterday and today have been more manageable. I don't throw up for which I am VERY thankful, but I do get extremely nauseous in my throat and always feel like I'm going to. I have to eat often, go to bed early and sleep late to keep it under control. Being at my family's house has been great because they take Joe in the morning and let me sleep in (Brookie sleeps in with me :). That has been a huge blessing! I've still been able to eat fairly healthy and workout on a pretty regular basis. Not as much as I would like, but it's better than nothing!

 And there is the very, very long introduction to my third pregnancy. As I did in the past I will be posting each month about how everything is going, along with the pictures of my growing belly. :) I am so thankful to God that he has chosen to bless us with another child. I do not deserve it and I do not take it for granted in the least bit. We are so thankful!

7 comments:

mrsfredknapp said...

Congratulations! So good of Brooke to keep it a secret, and awesome that she owned up to telling her little friend Trenton. I'll be praying for you!

Julie Rivera said...

Awesome, wonderful, thrilling news! And I love the way you broke the news to Nate. Good luck in the weeks ahead!

Ashley Montoro said...

So excited for you, of course. And the way you told everyone was so cute! Can't wait to see you in 4 days and hug you and baby 3. I am hoping it is a girl, too! :-)

Deb said...

SO excited to be an aunt for the 4th time =)

Unknown said...

AWWWWWW!!!! So exciting to be walking down this road again, isn't it?? LOVE the post, and the way you told Nate. Hope you are feeling good soon! :)

Jolene said...

This post wasn't too long... I read every single word and enjoyed it! I love everything "baby" and loved how you told your husband!

Pollock Family said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. May God's richest blessings be with you and your sweet family.

Popular Posts