Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sub's, Swimming and Sunset's

I may start to make it a tradition to spend a lot of my summer's up north. The weather is gorgeous, I have my own apartment at my parents, I get free babysitting and tons of fun with my family. Only one monumental part of my life is missing when I'm here--my husband--which makes it bitter-sweet. Sweet because I did get to spend almost 2 weeks with him here, and sweet because when he leaves I'm almost too busy to focus on how much I miss him. Bitter because I do miss him. A lot. And thus is the life of a girl living 2000 miles away from family.

Anyway, this month has been filled with lots of fun memories, like orange popsicle's dripping down chubby cheeks and a chubby belly... 

My daughter, playing all day long with her aunts who are 3 and 5 years older than her. They are inseparable and best friends. 
A trip to my favorite grocery store, Wegmans, for fresh fruit and snacks. Because I miss it and because I must show my children what they are missing out on life. Texas grocery stores just do not compare.
While I was at Wegman's I bought a sub, because they are really the best around. Here was the end of mine before I thought to get a picture. When I go home I will mourn that I can no longer shop at Wegman's and no longer get good subs.

What would summer memories be without swimming? We look like Indians, all brown from the sun, our skin is dry from chlorine and our hair is suffering...but that is what summer is all about.



I think the best memory of him from this summer will be him in his diaper all day long. Between being in and out of the pool all day and the heat, it's easier to keep him this way. And little babies in diapers are just plain adorable, if I do say so myself!

Crispy, delicious green apples are my best friend these days. Pregnancy is making me crave cold and fruity things and these apples are perfect. Yum.

Brooklynne has loved the huge trampoline and jumps and jumps and jumps on it when she's not in the pool. I have been banned from jumping with her because I bounce her too high, thus creating meltdowns, complete with tears and genuine sadness. So I snap pictures instead, and when she's not on, I jump and laugh and squeal like a little girl. ;)


And meals like this...plums, strawberries, pita chips with roasted red pepper hummus and a boiled egg? This makes a pregnant lady very happy. That meal was a beautiful memory right there.

Ahh....reading! I've actually had time to read this summer! It's been wonderful. Soaking up the sun on the deck while reading a really good book...Heaven. My Mom is the one who gets some awesome books from the library and my sisters and I all fight over them. And talk about the characters as if they were our long lost friends.

This summer has been full of breezy nights on the deck, talking and snacking and hoping against hope that the mosquito's would stay away.

And this one is probably my best memory of this summer--my adorable little nephew. He is so calm and chill and let's me take lots of pictures of him.

Sisters and summer. Is there anything better?

The sunset's here are phenomenal. I have a lot of pictures on my camera of them, because almost every day ends with a gorgeous view like this one. 
Happy Summer.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Loved this!! I'm SO happy you're here this summer too. I love the pics! Of course another one of your favorite things about being here is seeing your *favorite* friends too. ;) haha.<3

Unknown said...

Ha! You being banned from the trampoline is probably the funniest part of this whole post. Looks like you are having a blast!!! Family is the best. :) Enjoy.

Deb said...

This has been SUCH a fun trip! Glad you could spend a month up here! Love you!

Pollock Family said...

Precious pictures!!

Popular Posts