Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

24 Hours

24 hours is all it was. A frantic morning, putting a load of laundry in, practically throwing dishes in the dishwasher, teaching 4 piano lessons, packing clothes, diapers, blankies and sippie cups. I buckled the kids in the car, dropped them off, and within an hour I was back in the car again, alone.
 Thus my 24 hours had begun.
 My 24 hours alone. I traveled by myself a few hours away to a photography workhop. I tried to get people to come with me--I really did! But it didn't work out.
 As I drove I listened to CD's and sang along with them, I got mad at my gps when it took me in the wrong direction, I stopped for gas, and eventually I pulled into my cute little hotel.
 Checked in. Alone. Got my stuff out of the car. Alone. Got ready for the conference. Alone. Ate. Alone. Drove to the conference. Alone.

 The conference was great, and I learned to so much. (More on that on my photo blog soon). But the 24 hours is what was so special. I missed my husband and my children and I didn't sleep very well in a hotel room all by myself, but it was nice to get away, to relax, to think, or not think--whatever I felt like doing.
 Thanks my love for making it happen. Thanks my sweet friends who watched my children so I could go. I promise I am the better for it. It's pretty impressive what just 24 hours can do for the human soul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How great! My hubby left for the south today and I will be alone (kind of...if you don't count the children) until LATE Sunday. I have NEVER gone away FROM them though...hmmmm...great idea though!

Glad you had fun! :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Glad you got to enjoy those 24 hours of alone time.

Blessings~

Popular Posts