Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

This year it's been hard to get into the "Christmas Spirit". Hearing "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas" in the grocery store only makes me sad thinking of those who are hurting and won't have anything close to a jolly day. There will be a huge void left that holidays only remind them of what they are missing.

 And then I look around me. On Sunday night I stepped off an airplane and into the arms of my family and friends waiting for me. That night I stayed up until 4am talking and laughing with my sisters. Yesterday we baked cookies and ate dough, played our favorite Christmas songs and watched home videos from our past, much dorkier stage of life.
 We are all safe and Lord willing we will be spending our Christmas together this year. I know that life could change in an instant. If there is ever a time I realize that, it's now.But we have today and that's what I'm living for. Enjoying every moment-- loving more, hugging more, laughing more. Yes, we have all been left with a void this holiday season and it's very fresh on our minds. We are not immune to the grief that others--and ourselves--are suffering.
 But we must enjoy the moments that we do have together. And that is what I aim to do.

1 comments:

Deborah Cammilleri said...

Perfectly said Jen!

Popular Posts