Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

Christmas for every family is full of traditions. Ours is no exception. Every year it's baking with Bing Crosby playing in the background, an open house on Christmas Eve where sometimes almost 200 people show up, Dad reading the Christmas story on Christmas morning to all of us in our PJ's, Mom overdoing herself with gifts (EVERY YEAR),Grandma's for brunch...the list continues. 
This year we lost friends and loved ones. The mood was a little more subdued. It wasn't about who bought who what, but that as a family we were together. That was all that mattered this year. The traditions continued, with a little more thought, a little more appreciation and a little more love. This was one of my best Christmas' because it was about family and what we have today. I hope you enjoy a little glimpse into our Holiday season, and I hope yours was merry and bright!

Christmas Eve started before the crowd arrived exchanging gifts with friends...

My little Santa Baby all ready for the occasion 

I'm amazed that it was 5 Christmas' ago that we had just gotten together. I'm so much more in love now!

 Christmas Morning--dad reading us the Christmas Story 

Cheerios and presents--what could be better?

My dad LOVES big T-shirts. Well, "Big" would be an understatement. More like huge.

Love the little faces on Christmas morning

 An ornament to celebrate the love of frappes...

I got a GORGEOUS new camera bag from my man!
 ...and quite a shock to me, a laptop! (Which I am using right now!)

Stockings are the best Christmas tradition ever. 

The aftermath!

At Grandma's for brunch. Every year it's egg casserole, biscuits and gravy, sausage, potatoes and french toast sticks. Yum!

Christmas just wouldn't be complete without the "gift chair" and each person taking their turn to "open". Oh, and grandma yelling at everyone to sit down. :)

A little shy about presents with so many people watching 

And lastly, a family picture of us on Christmas day! I hope you all had a wonderful season with your family and friends this year! After all that food, I'll be working on my New Years Resolutions...how about you? ;)

1 comments:

Jenna said...

Although I did not publish the comment, it was brought to my attention that the term "Santa Baby" under my daughters picture may have offended some. I'm sorry if you were offended by this comment. We don't have our children believe that Santa brings presents, just that he is nothing more than a fun Christmas cartoon character.

Popular Posts