Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pink Frosted Memories

There are a few things in my every day life that as a Mom I have to get done. For my own spiritual, emotional and physical well being (and sanity!), I must:
  • Read my Bible
  • Clean the House
  • Work Out
  • Sit down and spend time with my kids
Sadly, the last on the list often gets put exactly how it is above--last on the list. The kids play or watch me as I wash dishes, clear counter tops, vacuum and put toys away. Brookie watches a movie and Joey sleeps while I work out. Usually I read my Bible to/with them, but it doesn't always work out that they are both awake.
In other words, I do not spend enough time with my kids. It's hard to sit down and read to them or talk and laugh with them when there are dishes in the sink, but I am learning once again to make it priority!
The other day I decided that we would make frosted sugar cookies for Valentines Day together. It took several hours. Brookie helped me with every step, and Joey smiled at us from his exersaucer. It was a great day. My house was a disaster at the end of the day, but me and my kiddos were bonded and had such a fun time. So worth it!

Here are pictures of our day. Because it was so much more about baking cookies. It was about making memories!







What have you done to make a memory today?

14 comments:

Liz said...

HOw sweet, I love Valentine's day myself, we always give each other gifts, and its just special to me!

Suzi K said...

I know how your feeling Jenna.
What sweet pictures!
You're a sweet mama!
I am having baby Jo-jo withdrawal-post some pics of his sweet little face!:)

Unknown said...

Wonderful post and Brookie is so cute!

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

One thing that always impressed me about your mom is how she wakes up early everyday to workout (and also read her Bible). She is really disciplined and it has paid off for her physically and spiritually. Now you are following her example.

Julie said...

All I know is that ever since I heart you made sugar cookies, I have had issues. Of course, I had to go and buy some and I think so far Peter has eaten one and I have had ___. Thanks! ;)

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a sweet post! Making sweet memories is so much fun!

Rachel Barkowski said...

I agree completely with this post! I have had to give in to the fact that my house will not always look like I want it to, but I have enjoyed my children so much! It has been worth it!

Anonymous said...

aw looks like such a sweet time!!

Felicia said...

So sweet! I love these pictures!

Jessica said...

Such sweet pics Jen! You really are a good mom!!! :)

Nomad said...

It's so much fun doing stuff with our little girls, huh? Good job for setting the timer feature on your camera- it paid off with beautiful pictures of your special time!

Mrs. R said...

sweet memories and time well spent! Love the matching aprons!

Julia said...

Awwwwwww... I miss yo guys so bad...
looks like yo guys had such a fun day together!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks !! very helpful post!

Popular Posts