Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

**UPDATED*** Link at the bottom of this post is now working :)


I just wanted to share a wonderful website with all of you! I actually used it 2 years ago when I was trying to lose the weight from Brookie, but didn't use it faithfully and it took me almost a year to lose all the weight.
This time I got on again, have been very faithful with it since the new year, and only have 4.5 pounds to go to get to pre-Joey weight! I'm very excited about that, because I don't lose weight easily from breastfeeding like some people. I have to work at every ounce.
I'll quickly sum up the site in case you want to check it out for yourself.

  • It's FREE! This is the best part!
  • You put in your gender, weight and height and how much you want to lose. Based on that, SparkPeople gives you how many calories a day you can eat and how much you should burn.
  • You track every bite of food. This helps you be successful! They have a huge database of foods, so chances are, anything you eat is in there. That way you know the calories and all nutritional information of what you eat.
  • You track exercise minutes and how many cups of water you drink
  • You can have a blog page, write on message boards for support or connect with buddies in your area (All Optional)

Yes, it takes time to track everything every day. But if you really want to get serious about losing weight, it's worth it.

Plus, if you know you have to record it, you won't eat seven and a half cookies in between lunch and dinner.

True story.

So, go to http://sparkpeople.com/ and check it out today! Believe me--it's worth it!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Hmm....the link isn't working for me. :(

Ashley said...

This website sounds really neat. I will keep it in mind for when I need it someday.
LOL "True Story" SO funny!!!
Congrats on losing your pregnancy weight!!! Goot job!

Jenna said...

sorry--will try to get that fixed!

Popular Posts