Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Start with fresh, ripe strawberries
Melt Chocolate (they sell chocolate specifically for this kind of thing, or you can use a symphony bar) over LOW heat, stirring often. Don't heat too hot of the chocolate will over-cook and turn all gritty (I speak from experience! :)

Dip in chocolate!


When the chocolate hardens, melt white chocolate, then dye pink and decorate your strawberries.



Serve in a pretty dish. :)
These are a MUST for Valentines Day! Here they are on sale for 88 cents a pound which is pretty much unheard of, so I took advantage of it!



8 comments:

arielle said...

Mmm those look soo good. Can't get strawberries here this time of the year! so tragic! LoL Happy Valentines Day! Love ya <3

Rachel Barkowski said...

that is VERY cheap for strawberries! We just had some tonight and I realized how much I've missed fresh fruit - i'm going to get some this week!
BTW, it's a lot easier to melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time...can't ruin it that way. :-)

Unknown said...

Ooooo, looks very yummy Jenna! Good job! Strawberries are very expensive and bitter here right now...but I am going to try doing this when strawberry season rolls around this year. I won't be preggo so I can bend over to pick them this year!!! YAY!!!

Jenna said...

Ahh, yes, but I've ruined it in the microwave before to! I must have bad luck!

anna said...

Yum!! They turned out soo cute! I want to see pics of you and Nate too. Happy Birthday to Nate, btw!! Is he 26 now??

Victoria said...

I've burned choc in the micro as well - not just you Jenna!:)

Thanks for the recipe - I'll have to try that SOON!:)

Anonymous said...

YUM!! Those look heavenly!! And, don't worry, it's not bad luck because I have also burnt chocolate in the microwave plenty of times and know lots of other people that have to!
Love ya!

Liz said...

yum, I just had some this weekend, there the best!

Popular Posts