Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Not Keeping my Head Above Water


My busy photography season is evident in my lack of blog posts here. My computer time is spent editing and I'm not left with much time after that... or, I just don't want to stare at a computer screen anymore. ;)
 Some days I feel like I'm totally in over my head trying to keep up with everything. Pulling my hair out, snapping at the kids far to early in the day, totally scatter brained dashing from thing to thing and never quite completing one project. And lest you think a "project" is anything extra, that is far from the truth. Projects these days consist of loading my dishwasher or vacuuming the floor. However, I am reminded that these are the best years of our lives. They are nothing compared to what is to come as our kids get older. I will crave the days of impromptu hugs with a heartfelt, "I love you Mommy" and days filled with totally beautiful chaos, when problems were as simple as who had the toy first or who snuck a drink of Mommy's coffee.


 It's to hard to try and keep my head above water. Instead I'm letting it go and drinking it all in, every giggle and laugh and yell and scream and absolute madness, because I could not be more blessed in this life I live.
 The days are long but the years are short. 
 Enjoy the days.

2 comments:

Ak said...

So So True.

tibbah said...

I'm right there with you. Oh yes I know. We keep pressing on... ��

Popular Posts