Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Blissfully Exhausting

The past 12 days have been a blissfully exhausting blur of feeding baby, changing baby, cuddling baby, bouncing baby, kissing baby, staring at baby, repeat, repeat, repeat. He has been such a good boy--so laid back and easy going! He nurses like a champ and weighed 7.13 at his 2 week check up today.
 I have learned after 4 kids to let my body recover and rest as long as I can, which I'm blessed to do since my Mom is here to take care of everything else. I am forever indebted to her for the countless loads of laundry, cleaning, cooking, and most importantly, loving on my other 3 while Mommy is out of commission. While I'm exhausted, I can't imagine how much more exhausted and frazzled I would be if she was not here to make my post partum weeks easy and enjoyable.


My kids met their baby brother for the first time when he was just a few hours old, unbathed and undressed. For them to see him so new and fresh was something that I really hoped would happen God worked it all out! Nicolas was born a little after 6 on a Sunday night, which meant the kids were able to come right after church was over!

I'll be honest--I totally broke down and cried when they walked in, all smiles. There isn't really any way to describe the overwhelming feeling of joy I was experiencing to see all of my babies, meeting their newest sibling on the outside for the first time. Nathan was obsessed with my belly the entire pregnancy and would not go to bed without "kissing baby". He looked at my belly, then at Nicolas, back at my belly and said, "the other one baby is in there?" It didn't take him long to figure out that the baby had finally come out and he was so enthralled with his little brother from that moment. And obviously, he had been eating something very blue. ;)



Our first family picture when Nicolas was less than 3 hours old. 


My grandma and Aunt traveled down to visit, and it was so special to have them here with the baby just being born. Our time together was too short, but we had such a great time together. Anytime I get to spend with family from home is comforting and gives me just the boost I need.

"Grammy" meeting Nicolas

They adore their Nonnie

She is my biggest helper, like I knew she would be. She loves to dress him, change him and of course hold him any chance she gets.

                              







Nathan had to make sure he had a ball to play with ;)

Nathan has been a handful and a half since the baby was born. He loves his little brother to death, but he's had a rough time adjusting to the change. I'm really hoping he turns a corner soon!

We got family and newborn pictures done last week, and I'm hoping to have them soon and share a few soon!
 Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Popular Posts