Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Post of Firsts

School started this week, bringing big changes for our family. This is Brooke's first year attending our church school. She is loving it so far--me, not so much. I miss her, and 9 hours a day is a long time! I'm hoping I'll adjust to it soon, but for now, I'm just glad that she loves it and seems to be doing really well.
 I'm teaching JoJo Kindergarten at home and learning that boys are very different to teach than girls! He's doing great, though, and we're both enjoying it! I'm usually holding the baby during school, because he's not too keen on taking longer naps by himself. Some might say I'm spoiling him, but I prefer to say I'm enjoying him. I just can't resist his little snuggly body curled up against mine! (Which is where he is right now, because I can't stop)

First day of second grade!

First day of Kindergarten!


Other firsts...his first Sunday going to church, wearing a tux, because duh, when you're two weeks old style is important! And look, he's already praising the Lord!

The cutest little face ever

His umbilical cord stump fell off at only 6 days old (just like his sister!), so he got his first bath, which he loved and never made one peep!
It was a family affair, which pretty much every new baby event is in this house. This baby is oh so loved! 


My Mom leaves tomorrow, and while I'm dreading the goodbye, I am so, so thankful for the 3 weeks she was able to spend here. She has spoiled us rotten! Because I have such a big family, we don't get much alone time so time with just her after I have a baby is very precious to me. Hey, maybe I should start cranking out babies more often!
 Just kidding.


Tomorrow's Friday! Have a great weekend, friends!

0 comments:

Popular Posts