Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Happenings

As months go, the month of December is without a doubt my favorite. As a kid we counted down the days until Christmas and I will never forget as I got older that it dawned on me that the whole month was for celebrating Christmas--the lights, the parties, the cookies, the music--all of it was to be enjoyed every single day of the month until it all culminated into the great big birthday celebration of Jesus.


 I enjoy it even more now that I have kids, because everything is new and oh-so-exciting for them. Nathan screams "LI-LIIIIIIGHT!!!" every time we drive by a house that has them up and the kids know words to more Christmas carols than I can count.

 Some December happenings at our house:

 Lots of cookie baking




Christmas trees made out of their handprints, followed by Hot Chocolate



Special Surprise Breakfast
Photo Booth at our annual couple's party (and kids who had to test it out before hand)



I hope that each of you are enjoying the season. It certainly is a crazy time for all of us, but I'm trying to take the little moments I do find here and there and make the most of them. I love making memories!

 I'm currently on an airplane headed to see family for the next few weeks! How I blogged this on an airplane with 3 crazy kids is beyond me, but I can tell you it did take close to 2 hours! ;) Merry Christmas!


0 comments:

Popular Posts