Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Couple's Retreat, 2013

The couple's retreat this year was different for us this year. Still really special, but in a different way. In years past, we've kept to ourselves, desperate for a little alone time together without kids. We didn't plan on doing any differently this year, but it just worked out that we ended up hanging out with other couples after the evening sessions and around meal times. There was a really great feeling of unity amongst everyone, and we all had such a fun time. I actually have not laughed and had that much fun in a very long time. We sat around the fire, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, ordering a ridiculous amount of pizza, chicken wings, nachos and burgers and all sharing amongst ourselves while laughing our heads off over who knows what. :) It reminded me of camp as a kid, where everyone just lets loose and has a grand old time. The sessions were great and very helpful for marriages and really helped me in other areas as well. He spoke on topics you don't hear about a lot, including a wounded spirit (really great for me right now) and allowing demonic presence into our homes.
  Our Pastor does a great job of picking the perfect speaker each year and we are really, really greatful.
 
 
The marriage bliss bar: 50% hers, 50% his


 
 
2 nights of memories around the fire

 
 
Games during the sessions
 
 
Even though we enjoyed our friends, there was lots of alone time with my man as well

 



I think I needed the retreat this year more than ever, and I didn't even realize it. The past few months have brought a lot of needed changes for me and I've lost some close friends in the process. It hasn't been easy, but I'm closer to the Lord than ever before and my standards and convictions are stronger than ever. To spend time with people that are headed the same direction as us strengthed my spirit. Of course, I'm sure the time alone with my husband had nothing to do with it. ;)


4 comments:

Jolene said...

So glad you enjoyed another great Couples' Retreat! I just love those times!

BTW, I LOVE your orange chevron skirt and would love to know where you got it. :-)

The Skinny on Staci said...

That bar looks more like 80/20! LOL That's great that you had such a wonderful time away with your husband and fellowshipping with like minded Christians. :)

Unknown said...

It's always good to get refocused, isn't it? Definitely also good to be surrounded by those who want to do the same things for the Lord. Good for you for making some hard decisions and staying true to our Savior! :)

Tereza said...

I love couples weekends!!! Its always so wonderful to have fellowship with other couples and alone time with the one we fell in love with!!

Popular Posts