Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Things Fall

I didn't appreciate Fall until I moved to the south. I always loved it--beautiful leaves, hoodies, football, crisp air and campfires--but I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I didn't have it anymore. While my friends are boasting the cooler temperatures and the leaves changing to all shades magnificant, I'm still sweating to walk out my front door. I don't like it one bit, but regardless, we still celebrate Fall no matter what the temperature may be.
 I had a Fall party with girlfriends that was a big success and I see it happening every year from now on. I cooked soups and homemade bread and several Fall themed desserts.




We had a time of prayer since our missions conference was coming up, played games and then dipped caramel apples. I made homemade caramel, and it took a long time but it was so worth it because it tasted way better than melting caramels!


We had peanuts, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows to go on them--Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory WHO?!
I finally handed my camera to a friend so there was proof at my own party...thus the rather awkward picture that comes next. ;p

Every time we all get together, we wonder why we don't do it more. I guess if we did these more often they wouldn't be as special! I'm determined to have one around Christmas time as well.


Earlier this week, we headed to a pumpkin patch so the kids could get little pumpkins. We usually don't carve them, so we just let them pick out small ones for fun. Honestly, it's more for me to get pictures of the kids in the pumpkins more than anything.











                           
After pumpkins, we headed to chill out for frozen yogurt. We totally faked that it was cold that night. It was probably 70 degrees, but for pictures and Falls sake, we put the kids in long sleeves and hats so we had to go cool off with our favorite frozen yogurt bar! At home we would have warmed up with hot apple cider and doughnuts, holding our warm cups with mittened hands. Not here!






My family has been here for the past few weeks and will be here for a few more. I couldn't be happier. My house is bustling and full of people 24 hours a day, with people piled on air mattresses and couches, and my kids on the floor in our room. It's great. We're eating too much, staying up late, sleeping in and having the best talks that only close families can understand. It really is the best way to spend this beautiful time of year.
 Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Mary said...

So glad I get to make some fun fall memories with you! I have been having such a awesome time here. It will be so sad to leave and go home to our rainy weather :).

Unknown said...

Your little pumpkins are so cute!! I love fall around here...I would miss it so much if I lived down south or out west. Your party looks like fun too...I love the candle holders with unpopped popcorn in the bottoms...how clever! Was that a Pinterest find?

Popular Posts