Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day, 2010

We had a wonderful Memorial Day this year. We invited lots of friends over for a huge picnic--almost 50 in all! I grew up in a house where there were always extra people. As if NINE children were not enough, we always had visitors. In fact, on this day, my Mom and Dad were frantically getting ready for their huge picnic with about 200 people! If I had 9 acres, I would do the same, but since we have a normal (but nice and roomy) back yard, I have to stick with what I can for now. :)


I started the beginning of the day doing good with pictures. I took one of my pretty 7-layer dip and.....and..... whoops. I guess that was it.
Not to say there wasn't more food. My table was full of salads of every kind--green, potato, green bean, cucumber, fruit and macaroni. There were chips and dip, chips and pico, and macaroni and cheese. And then the platters of meat! Steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages and chicken. And we couldn't do without dessert! Key lime pie, key lime bars, layered jello, chocolate chip cookies, frosted sugar cookies, brownies....so I'm hungry now. Crazy good food that we ate all day long. But of course I didn't get a picture. So the 7-layer dip will have to do!

Sometimes I really wonder about myself. I wonder why this was really the only picture I took all day. I mean, it shows our yard and it show the volley ball, but seriously? The day was so much more than this! :) Just trust me, it was so much fun and went well into the evening! It was a HOT day but everyone had fun so it didn't really matter!
I asked my friend and fellow photographer to come outside really quick for some pictures of our family. I recently had read an article about how we as Mom's make excuses for not having our pictures done--too fat, bad hair day, yellow teeth, pimples--whatever. In this article the Mom had died of cancer and it talked about how her children cherish every picture of her now, even if she was a little chunky.
So I'm being morbid! I'm Italian--we are weird like that.
Anyway! I wanted a family picture but Kel went beyond that and captured some other sweet moments! Thanks Kelly!!

Brookie is a very "physical touch" girl. She closes her eyes and enjoys moments like this. It is so precious!
My hubby did not match us... :) But I love the contrast of colors--red and turquoise are awesome together! Plus he's so handsome it makes up for it. :)
I just wanted to share those pictures with you all. Hope you enjoyed!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh...sounds like you had a great day even though pictures are sparse. I do that ALL the time...bring my camera along, forget it's there, then the day is over and..........no pictures to show for it! Oh well, there will be other Memorial Days! Your babies are growing up so fast! :)

Anonymous said...

You are SO pretty

Deb C said...

Looks like you had alot of fun!! We had an awesome day, too! =) Luv u

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Love the family photo! You all look great, such nice smiles.

anna said...

Looks like so much fun! Those pics of you all came out so cute!! Kelly does such a good job!

Unknown said...

I love the Family picture and the 7-layer-dip looks so good!

~Emmaline

JULIA C. said...

awww.. looks like u guys had sooo much fun =)

Popular Posts