Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just Checking In!

The past few weeks since we've moved have been a total whirlwind. When we finished moving at about 11pm Friday night, our new house was a total wreck. We didn't get to bed until about 3am (long story involving me not being able to find my fan which I have to have to sleep and strange noises in the house). I did what I could on Saturday but was totally exhausted after getting about 4 hours of sleep and had to take a nap. Nate was gone and busy most of the day, so I was on my own for the most part.

On Sunday afternoon after church, he left for training out of town and I was left with boxes strewn everywhere! Thankfully, Joanna came over and helped me out so much unpacking, organizing and decorating the downstairs.

He came home on Friday evening, and on Sunday I decided to surprise my family and go to the camp meeting in OH they were going to. I bough my ticket at about 1pm to leave the next day. Thankfully, my flight didn't leave until 3pm or so and I had time to pack. Monday morning I woke up sick with a stomach bug that took a few days to get over but was very mild.

Needless to say, my family was very surprised!!! We had an exhausting but fun week. The services were so spiritually uplifting. The singing and preaching was great! We are staying at my friend Mechel's house (Greg's sister--Claire is courting Greg). I got to see Ashley after almost 8 months of not seeing her and I got to spend the whole week with Feli since she was staying with us. I'm so glad I came!

My family left to go home this morning. It was a tearful goodbye for sure, but I'm also really excited that my Mom, Lyd and Cola are coming to visit in about a month. I'm also extremely excited about seeing Nate! It's strange to only have been with him not even 3 whole days in 2 weeks!

So...if you made it through this whole post you get a gold star. That's what's been going on! I will post pictures and video's of my trip when I get home (I have Internet now!!!).

4 comments:

Liz said...

Jen, I'm so glad that you got to see your family!!! Anna was shocked!

Victoria said...

Your dad sounded like he could've died and gone to heaven after this last week! So glad you got to have a good visit after a long week of unpacking. Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Didn't we have SOOO much fun???!! it was a blast and I'm so glad you surprised us!! miss you already!!love ya

The Reynolds said...

We really wanted to come to C+Dayton for the meetings, but Reclamation Ranch came to OUR house....so we were kinda busy!

Popular Posts