Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Rested and Renewed

More than a year ago, we started planning what we called our "big" anniversary trip. I realize that most people rarely get to do something like this, let alone less than 8 years into marriage.
 But we picked the ideal place (for us), planned, saved and made it happen.
 Actually, my husband made it happen, something that I will be forever grateful for. My love language is quality time, which is one of the higher maintenance love languages with a very busy lifestyle. We sit on the couch and talk after the kids go to bed and we make time for date nights, but we don't truly connect as often as we would like. Church ministries, kids, work and responsibilities are all very demanding and don't leave much time for us.
 Well, for 9 whole days, it was just us. We stayed in a tropical paradise--a gorgeous resort right on Daytona Beach with a room that opened just steps from the pool, and the pool just feet from the beach.

 Sharing the first part of our trip in more pictures, less words, because palm trees, water and blue skies speak for themselves.












For the last few days of our trip, we went to Orlando to stay at my grandparents, who let us use their winter place because they had already left to go back to N.Y. for the summer. They live in an over 55 community during the winter and as a kid I loved it because we spent vacations there growing up. Now, I love it because it seems like the most quiet, peaceful place on earth and as a Mom of three loud children, peace is medicinal. 
The big question everyone asks after a vacation is, "so what did you do?" To answer that: nothing. We did nothing. I mean yes, we shopped, we ate, we swam--but a large majority of my time was spent unwinding, talking to my husband and truly connecting with him. Along with a lot of poolside reading, of course.

 When we came home, we couldn't stop squeezing and kissing the kids, so excited to show them their presents and the pictures of the trip. I'm back to the beautiful chaos that is called home, rested and renewed and more in love with my man than ever.

0 comments:

Popular Posts