Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Surprises and the Rodeo


Inconsistent blogging has been my strong point lately. Seriously. I haven't had any bright revelations to let you all know about (you know, me and my wise self), but I want to continue to share pictures and special moments from our lives.
 Like for instance, that time when I was working out in the middle of the day and heard a car door. Wondering if or why my husband was home so early, I peeked out the window. To my complete shock, I saw my Mom hurridly walking up my front sidewalk. My Mom lives 2,000 miles away, so it's not like she just drops by every day for coffee.
  I raced to the door, sweat dripping off of me and weights in hand, flung it open and began a scream/sqeal/cry that lasted quite a long time. Sweaty hugs were exchanged (poor her), she was beaming and my husband was videoing my response. It was priceless and one of the best surprises of my life! Nate will be out of town for a little bit, so we are having the best time ever, not to mention my house has never seen so much clean laundry and I have built in babysitting. (Hello outdoor workouts and running to the store for a few items alone!)
 
The night she got here, we had already made plans to go to the rodeo, mine and the kids first. So we did the rodeo. We ate funnel cakes, corn dogs, cotton candy and a heap of fresh fried potato chips. It's good to do that once every few years, you know. It tastes good at the time, but later you are reminded of why you don't normally eat that stuff.
 
  We watched calf roping, bull riding and barell racing. Honestly, this New Yorker does not understand the cowboy culture but I had a great time watching it while screaming and waving my hands around in fear that a bull would kill it's rider right before my eyes. We arrived home at 11pm smelling like grease and smiling from ear to ear.


 




 
In the scariest petting zoo known to man, the goats and deer helped themselves to our clothes and purses for dinner.







I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We missed the rodeo this year so I loved seeing the pictures. Beautiful family!!

Unknown said...

Oh FUNNN! I love that your mom surprised you and that your hubby was in on it too. What a blessing! I would SO miss my mom if I lived a long distance away. The rodeo looks great too...maybe someday I will get to one. :)

Jolene said...

What a special surprise! And, I'm sure your reaction to seeing her made her trip all the more worthwhile. :-)

Victoria said...

I think you need to post that video Nate took. I would love to see your reaction!!

Popular Posts