Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Big Four

Dear Brooklynne Nicole,
Yesterday was your fourth birthday. The whole day before I mourned your "last day being 3" but you would have none of it. You were so excited to be 4 that there was no delaying it any further. Poppy and Nonnie sent you a big box of presents that you opened on your last night of being 3. The next day you woke up and got showered with kisses and hugs from me and a phone call from daddy at work to wish you happy birthday. After your requested breakfast of honey-nut cheerios (which you request every day) you played with your new letter puzzle from Nonnie and Poppy.



Lunch was a butterfly cheese sandwich, chips and melon.



Joe-Joe wished you "Happy Birthday" in only a language he could come up with and you guys shared a sweet hug
                                                      
The paper towel on the fridge tradition has been passed down from my family, and we of course continued it on your birthday.

You helped Mommy make your cake (really it was brownies, but I didn't tell you ;) and because it was your birthday, I let you lick the batter.

We frosted your cake together...it ended with a bit of a meltdown and being sent to your room, but it was fun while it lasted.

Buddy joined in the festivities by having cake batter dripped on his poor white head

You got all the special "treats", but you were so sweet and shared with your brother! Brownie batter, pink frosting and a juice box. You are such a kind big sister!


You love your new doll from Poppy and Nonnie and played with her a lot

After your little meltdown, I finished frosting your cake and put on sprinkles that you requested. We went to church and had to wait until we came home to have your party.

Pizza with olives on it and orange pop was the dinner request, but we got a hot-and-ready, so no olives were available  Never fear, I saved the day and bought you a can of them instead. I chopped them up and put them right on top. Plus, you got to eat lots of whole ones too!




After dinner it was present time! You had presents from your Grammy in N.Y. and Daddy and Mommy...so many!

And after presents, time for cake! 


You hardly ate any of it--to many presents to play with ;)

Joe Joe of course enjoyed his cake while you played!

And Mommy had some too--it was delicious if I say so myself.


I hope that you know that Mommy loves you with all of her heart. Despite the daily mistakes and apologies I have to make to you, I try my best to be the mommy that you deserve. I can't believe you are 4 and I am so proud of the sweet little girl you are becoming! I pray that you always love and serve Jesus with your whole heart! Happy, Happy Birthday.

 Love,

Mommy
(Mothers Day, 2011)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Aww... that is so sweet.!!! Happy Birthday Brookie! :)

anna said...

aw, that was so sweet! I can't believe she's 4 already. Happy birthday brooke!

Deb said...

Can't believe she is already 4! She is beautiful!
Cant wait to see you all!

Anna said...

Oh Jenna, I could just die!!! This is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read! I think you've started something here. While I am certainly not a creative blogger like you are, I can definitely do what you did on paper in a little scrapbook for my kids' birthdays! What a special thing for them to be able to look back on and read! You are such an amazing, loving, and sweet mother! Thanks for this awesome reminder of why we sacrifice every day to be moms to the best kids EVER!

Julia said...

Happy birthday Brooke I can not believe you are four already!!
Love and miss you alot!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, I can not believe she is already 4 years old. How precious!!!
Happy Birthday Brookie!!

Popular Posts