Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sushi and Chocolate

Last week I found myself in a rare predicament.

I had over an hour in between appointments with nothing going on that I needed to burn.

Without children.

What a rare predicament indeed! As a Mom I weighed my options carefully. 2 hours without kids, away from the house?

I pulled into my grocery store and walked right to the sushi bar. There I sampled and purchased a spicy crab roll. After that I bought a Reese's Chocolate Peanut butter pumpkin.
(At Easter, they are eggs, and Christmas, trees. The Eggs are the best, but pumpkins are a close second. In case you were wondering.)

And then, I did something that I don't think I've ever done before. I went out into the very quiet parking lot, got in my car, rolled down the window and opened my sushi. And there I sat in silence, feeling the cool breeze, eating my sushi and reading blogs on my phone. No little mouths to feed, no one crying, no snotty noses to wipe.

For an entire hour.

After the blissful crab roll was savored, (or devoured? I was starving) I opened my "pumpkin" and ate it. Peanut butter and chocolate. What a combination. Girls best friend if you ask me.

After that I felt like a new woman. When I saw my kids I gave them huge hugs and kisses and my hubby an extra kiss (or many extra kisses... ;) seeing he was the one who was taking care of them during my heavenly moments alone.

I am learning to enjoy the little things. Sushi and Chocolate in a parked car, the breeze coming through the window, and silence are definitely little things that gave me a boost and made me a much better woman. I took this picture because I was so happy and wanted to remember this moment forever.....
Have you had any little moments lately? If you don't look for them they can be easy to miss, so look for them...every day! You will be much better for it-I promise!

4 comments:

Julie said...

My little moment will be this Saturday when I get my haircut. Without the kids!

Unknown said...

OH goodness!! My first though when I read your title was, "she's pregnant!!!"! HAA HAA!!! You know, all those crazy cravings you get. Oh well...glad you were able to spend some time alone. I do get those moments too and usually find myself in a Tim Hortons enjoying some coffee, then off to the gym for a nice workout. I agree...those times are needed! Have a good one!

Victoria said...

Love Sushi! Love chocolate & pb!! Love quiet moments to myself! You were ALMOST in heaven, in my opinion:)

mrsfredknapp said...

haha! I can't even go to the potty alone! :) Seriously, the best time, is when the little one is napping, and I can brew a few cups of coffee. Hubby doesn't drink it, and as much as I love it, I don't drink it every day. I save it for special times. Glad you had a time of refreshment!

Popular Posts