Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Four-in-One

I am way behind in blogging, but I've found a little time right now so I figured I would catch up from the last month or so! Here's 4 posts in 1...

ONE MONTH
 Nicolas was one month here, and I thought it would be fun to do a monthly picture on my chair to see how he grows over time. As you can see we were dealing with a lot of baby acne and skin troubles then which thankfully has gone away now (he's almost 2 months!). At his 6 week check up he was 10 pounds, which was surprising as he looked a lot smaller but he's long limbed as they said. He was still eating quite often during the night and Mommy had some very emotional days that mainly stemmed from the exhaustion. My tip to all Moms that can't "sleep when baby sleeps" because of other kids--hang in there! After about 6 weeks or so it got much better and I actually am feeling human again!
 I think I've said it a lot, but Nick is really such a great baby. Happy and content when he's awake and only fusses if he's hungry, needs to be changed or tired. He is the center of attention in this house!



5 YEARS OLD

 On September 22nd, my sweet Joe turned 5 years old. I can hardly believe it--5 is a big one! Unfortunately I got a really bad stomach flu, but daddy came through and made him mac and cheese for dinner and put together his strawberry ice cream cake, complete with homemade graham crackers crust!
 Joe has been such a sweet big brother and helper to me now that Brooke is at school all day. He is sweet and sensitive, very obedient and loves to help and calm the baby down if he's fussy. Joe loves to compliment and hug--he is going to make a lady feel very special some day. ;) He loves to tell me I looks beautiful and give me a huge hug, and he always says the sweetest things to his Aunts when he Facetime's them. He is very curious and inquisitive about spiritual things and I really think that he'll get saved soon. 





THE BIKE RODEO

 A few weeks ago was church's annual bike rodeo. The kids were so excited--it's definitely a highlight of their year! They love dressing up and look so forward to all the activities that the day entails. I mainly look forward to the cute photo op ;).

My gorgeous brother and sister-in-laws family! They go all out and looked SO cute!





AROUND THE HOUSE

 See what I mean about him being so sweet? I can't even handle it sometimes. I have to pick my heart up off the puddle on the floor.

He is doing so well in school! His writing, reading and spelling have all improved immensely. I'm so proud of him, because he works really hard!

At the slightest hint of fall weather, I'm all, get all the hats and hoodies and boots. They are totally unnecessary but who cares? It looks adorable.


Speaking of puddles...

 We potty trained this week.
 It did not go well.
 After day 5, he is back in diapers. Oh yes he is.

 We'll try again next week.

And speaking of next week, it's that time of year again: FAMILY! The first of them arrive in a few days and I cannot wait. It's also the busy season for me with photography, so I can't promise many posts in the coming weeks, but I'll try. ;)

0 comments:

Popular Posts