Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

6 Months Old!

On March 22nd, my little man turned 6 months old. It's such a milestone with kids and I can't believe that 6 months has already gone by since that wonderful day he was born! Time goes by way too quickly. My efforts to try to slow it down fail on a regular basis and it just flies by me every day. I have to say I am very much enjoying every stage that he goes through, though. He's a laughing, smiling baby who LOVES to eat and LOVES his sister to death! She can always make him smile! If he's fussing, she'll say, "Mommy, do you want me to help him?" "Yes, Brookie, thank you! "
And she'll go to him and play and take out his paci because, "He wants to smile at me!" They love each other. It's so adorable!

Joey is SO close to crawling! He's on his knees most of the time, but hasn't gotten the hand thing quite down yet. He'll also put his butt straight up in the air with his feet and hands touching the ground, so he's like a little triangle. I love it!
He eats 2-3 BIG meals a day (of baby food) plus still nursing about every 4 hours. He's not really chubby though, much smaller than the other babies his age. Just has a chubby face and cheeks that I love to squeeze and kiss!
He's been sitting a lot more lately, too. He's such a big boy when he sits!
Some of his favorite foods so far: Sweet potatoes, applesauce, carrots, bananas, peas, graham crackers (they make a huge mess but they are great for him to suck on!), toys, shoes and blankets. :)
Words: Nate claims he says "dada". Once he said "mamamama" but obviously he's not talking to us, just babbling. It's still so cute though. His voice is LOUD. That's what I get for naming him after 2 preachers!
Sleep: Sleeping from 8-6, then back to bed until 10 after I feed him, 3 hour morning nap and another 2 or so hour nap in the afternoon. I was a little scared about him not being a good napper at first, but he's gotten into a nice schedule for me!

I love you Jo Jo! You bring daddy, mommy and Sister so much joy! We love you to death!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a cute little stinker! I LOVE that diaper picture too!!! I love those morning naps babies take, sure gives mommy a much needed break some days! :)

Ted Snyder said...

He is so cute!

~Emmaline

anna said...

SUCH a cutie!!! I love him to death!!!!! Miss him lots too. Glad Brooke is such a good big sister and help!

Popular Posts