Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Food and Photos for Jesus


This week has been busy, but a good busy—full of ministry. I love me a good busy, and I love finding ways to minister to people through something I love to do. Mainly, take pictures and eat cook. This week, I made 2 meals for new Moms, one who happens to be a new convert from the pregnancy center. She had a beautiful baby girl and I was able to try out some new recipes on her (which were definitely keepers) and visit with her while I cuddled her precious babe.
 Today, I made another meal for a friend who just had boy #4 and took pictures of him. Oh my word, I left with a serious case of baby fever. He is just scrumptious!

 When I got married and started having kids right away, my “ministries” were totally changed and I felt a little lost. Before marriage, I loved being out on the streets, boldly witnessing to in-your-face drunks at rock concerts and festivals (With my dad keeping an eye from a safe distance, of course). I loved it. It was exhilarating, uplifting and spiritually draining all at the same time, if that makes any sense. Well, kids come along and at baby ages I won’t bring them into that kind of environment so I was stuck at home.
 But now, I’ve found my niche. Witnessing at the pregnancy center, whether it’s once a week or once a month is just as exhilarating, and I relate to these ladies because I’ve been in their shoes as far as pregnancy and having babies is concerned. And when I’m not there, taking pictures for a new Mom as a gift or cooking her a meal after she has a baby is another area I’ve started ministering in as well. Treats for our neighbors are starting soon! Anything to find an open door and establish a friendship so people will eventually see Jesus through me and want to know him better.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a short Saturday night post but it turned into a bit of a ramble. I’m tired, but it’s a good tired because my energy this week has been used to bless others in a very small way, and it feels good.

 I’ll leave you with a few pictures from our week:  


He does this now, and gives me a heart attack


Then get's up there and says "Hi Mommy".

It was a beautiful day and they pulled out a quilt and big basket of toys and wanted to play under the swing set


Have a great Sunday, everyone. I hope you spend it somewhere worshipping Jesus!

3 comments:

Sally Stensaas said...

Different seasons of life lead to different ministries. Isn't it great that God can use us at any time in our lives?

I love reading about your happenings. Please give your mother-in-law a big hug from me.

linen service new york said...

Howdy, Very inspiration reading, happened to drop by in your great blog.

Unknown said...

Getting meals after having a baby is such a blessing...what a fantastic ministry. :) Lovely pictures. :)

Popular Posts